1. The Breakfast Club (1985)
This classic coming-of-age film follows five high school students from different social cliques who are forced to spend a Saturday detention together. As they get to know each other, they realize that they have more in common than they thought. The Breakfast Club is a feel-good movie that will take you back to your own high school days.
2. Pretty in Pink (1986)
Andie (Molly Ringwald) is a high school student from the wrong side of the tracks who falls for Blane (Andrew McCarthy), a wealthy preppie. Though their relationship is opposed by Andie's best friend Duckie (Jon Cryer), the two eventually find their way to each other. Pretty in Pink is a classic 80s romance that will leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.
3. Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)
Ferris Bueller (Matthew Broderick) is a high school student who knows how to make the most of a day off from school. He enlists his best friend Cameron (Alan Ruck) and girlfriend Sloane (Mia Sara) in his scheme to spend the day in downtown Chicago, avoiding his overbearing principal and uptight sister along the way. Ferris Bueller's Day Off is an 80s cult classic that will have you laughing and cheering for Ferris all the way through.
4. Dirty Dancing (1987)Set in 1963, Dirty Dancing follows Frances "Baby" Houseman (Jennifer Grey) as she falls for Johnny Castle (Patrick Swayze), a dance instructor at her family's resort. Baby learns some dirty dancing moves of her own and the two embark on a summer romance that changes both of their lives forever. Dirty Dancing is an iconic 80s film with great music, dance sequences, and an unforgettable love story at its core.
5. Moonstruck (1987)Moonstruck follows Loretta Castorini (Cher), an Italian-American woman who agrees to marry Johnny Cammareri (Danny Aiello) even though she's still in love with his brother Ronny (Nicolas Cage). Things get even more complicated when Loretta starts falling for Ronny himself. Moonstruck is a hilarious and heartwarming romantic comedy that will leave you feeling good about love again.
6. Hairspray (1988)Tracy Turnblad (Ricki Lake), an overweight teenager with big dreams, becomes an overnight sensation after appearing on The Corny Collins Show, a local TV dance program in Baltimore during the early 1960s. Tracy uses her newfound fame to fight for racial integration on the show, but not everyone is ready for change... Hairspray is an uplifting musical comedy with important messages about acceptance and tolerance wrapped up in its catchy tunes and colorful characters . 7 . Beetlejuice (1988 )
Beetlejuice , directed by Tim Burton , tells the story of Lydia Deetz , played by Winona Ryder , After her family moves into what was once her childhood home , Lydia discovers Beetlejuice , played by Michael Keaton , When Beetlejuice starts causing trouble , it's up to Lydia to put a stop to it . Beetlejuice is darkly funny and visually stunning Tim Burton film that will leave you feeling both spooked and inspired . 8 . Who Framed Roger Rabbit ?
Set in 1947 Los Angeles , Who Framed Roger Rabbit? follows private investigator Eddie Valiant as he tries to solve the case of Roger Rabbit , an anthropomorphic cartoon rabbit accused of murdering Marvin Acme , owner of Toontown . Along the way , Eddie falls for Jessica Rabbit , Roger's sultry cartoon wife . Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Is an inventive mystery - comedy that seamlessly blends live - action with animation . 9 . The Little Mermaid
Based on Hans Christian Andersen 's fairy tale of the same name , The Little Mermaid tells the story of Ariel , voiced by Jodi Benson , After making a deal with Ursula , Ariel sets off on land to find Prince Eric and break the spell so she can return to her underwater home . Along the way she learns some valuable lessons about what it means to be human . The Little Mermaid is one of Disney 's most beloved animated films ; its memorable songs and lovable characters are sure to leave you feeling happy and nostalgic . 10 . Home Alone
Last but not least is Home Alone , which needs no introduction . This holiday classic follows Kevin McCallister as he accidentally gets left behind when his family goes on vacation over Christmas break . At first Kevin enjoys being home alone without any parental supervision but soon realizes that there ' s more to life than just having fun ; he has to protect his home from two burglars attempting to rob every house on his block ! Home Alone is funny , heartwarming , and perfect for anyone who needs a little pick - me - up during this holiday season
Leave a comment